Saturday 4 August 2012

Making Magic

Waking from a nap one day, E discovered that a fairy had come to visit and had left behind her magic wand. I assured her that the fairy had left it as a gift, so E spent the rest of the afternoon 'making magic'.
Of course, I had really spent E's nap-time constructing the wand for her from some craft felt, a bamboo dowel and some fluffy yarn, but where's the magic in that?


I bought this book some time ago and it's one of my favourites. It's called "Creative Play for your Toddler". As I often do, I read the whole book before I tried any of the projects. I believe the book is worth having even if I never got around to any of the projects, but I'm glad that I did. Here's the hobby horse that I made for E:


I don't have an 'action shot' of this one. E 'gallops' around the house on it, saying "Neigh! Neigh!" which is rather difficult to get a photo of. The horse was made from materials that I already had around the house, including holey socks and a cardboard poster tube. I didn't have a nice wooden broom-handle to use, but E doesn't mind and neither do I. She still gets handmade, mum-made toys.

-Polly

2 comments:

  1. Aww, you're the best mum ever!!!!!! These are totally sweet, I'm looking into that book now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if my post was clear... I didn't follow a pattern for the wand, only the horse was from the book. I kind of made up the wand as I went along. It was really easy tho, so I can give you pointers if you need. <3

      Delete