Monday 6 August 2012

First Blossoms

Over the last few weeks, we have been watching our little nectarine tree grow it's first buds for the season, green shoots and, as of yesterday, blossoms. Each day it has grown a little more. It's woken up from it's Winter sleep, when it was nothing more than a stick in the ground.






I don't think I've ever enjoyed welcoming Spring as much as I am this year. Perhaps it's because I'm not getting swooped by magpies every morning as I walk to work (now my 'work' is right here at home) or maybe because I have a daughter to share little wonders with.

-Polly

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I love fruit tree blossom, orange is my favourite - I can't get enough of that smell! But nectarines are my favourite fruit :) You're such a dedicated mummy, they're so rare nowadays, E is a very lucky ducky :)

    ReplyDelete