Tuesday 25 September 2012

Orange

Last week, we had yet another colour-themed day in our house. This time it was E's favourite colour: Orange! At first, I thought she simply liked to say, "Orange... orange..." It is a rather strange-sounding word, but then, many words are when you repeat them over and over. It turns out that orange really is her favourite colour at the moment. We went fabric-shopping not long ago and while I was choosing fabrics for myself, E and her Daddy headed to the other side of the store so that E could choose some fabrics for a new dress. They came back with the brightest orange fabrics that I have ever seen. Here's a picture of E using her new dress fabrics as blankets and tucking in her dolls. She's on an orange pillow, too:


I seem to have a lot of sewing projects going at the moment, but I always love to make things for E and my new pattern books arrived in the mail yesterday. :)

For our orange day, breakfast was easy: Orange! I cut up some orange and some mandarin for E to have a few segments. The rest was made into 'very orange' juice, which this time had orange, mandarin, tangelo and carrot. We served it in cups with pictures of oranges on them and used orange straws.

When we got dressed, I wore an orange t-shirt and E wore her favourite orange dress. Then we walked around the house, seeing what orange things we could find. Amongst other things, we found some orange balls, some orange blocks, some orange paper and a doll with orange hair.


We made some orange flowers using pipe cleaners, craft paper and crepe paper. I cut out the flower shapes and E pushed them onto the pipe cleaners. Each flower used one pipe cleaner, one craft paper flower and two crepe paper flowers. E then arranged them in a plastic vase with some wild lupin flowers that she had found the day before.


E had a great time swirling about some streamers that I made from some left-over crepe paper. She also spent a lot of time playing with orange play-dough and some more orange straws that I had cut into smaller lengths. We then used some more of the orange crepe paper, cut and torn into little pieces and stuck onto clear contact, to make another window decoration.

-Polly

2 comments:

  1. I love these colour themed days! Charlotte's favourite colour is pink but she's partial to orange. I used to hate orange but it's growing on me now, love all your orange inventions! And that juice sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way E's curls are gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete