Friday 28 September 2012

Blossoms and Bugs

Every day when I look out the back window, I see our little peach tree in blossom and it makes me smile. It's been raining all week, so I didn't have a chance to take any photos until today. The little tree shows off it's pink flowers, brightening our grey days. We have some citrus blossoming, too: a mandarin and an orange. All of our fruit trees are really small still. We've lived here less than 3 years and our 'garden' was nothing but a pile of builders sand when we moved in.


E and I spent some time outdoors this afternoon because the weather finally cleared up a little. We just wandered around, looking at flowers and finding insects. There was a funny little spider sitting on an eggplant flower and lots of ants going about their business. We also found three little lady-beetles in different shades of red.


Being Springtime, a lot of plants are in flower. In our front garden, I have spotted a couple of little violas (pansies?) that have popped up on their own from the 'potted colour' I put in last Spring. The plants are so small, I hadn't even noticed them until the lovely purple and black flowers appeared. Back in the veggie garden, many of our herbs are now flowering (including the coriander  which is now taller than me, and the purple basil). Even our lettuce has started flowering. It must be about time to sow some more seeds.

 -Polly

1 comment:

  1. I love spring time :) my mum has a peach tree that's flowering too, I have some pictures to post from her garden, they have a really pretty blossom!
    We have a fruit tree in the backyard but we don't know what it is yet. I love to watch things grow thanks for sharing photos of your pretty garden growing!

    ReplyDelete