Friday 14 September 2012

Family Weekend

This past weekend, we had family come to visit from interstate. They rented a holiday-home nearby and we met up every day that they were here. It was such a lovely way to spend a few days and the first time this year that we've seen any of our extended family. I didn't pull the camera out at all during their stay, so I don't have much to share in that regard. We were too busy enjoying the company and the beautiful weather.

Butterfly, flowers, Spring colours
My grandmother gave me this gorgeous bunch of flowers that are still looking pretty in the centre of our dining table. I particularly like the pink roses.


On the property where they were staying, there were horses and dogs and geese and chickens. One morning, the owners let E collect the eggs. She thought that was pretty special. Two of the three eggs made it home (one was dropped before we'd even left the chook-yard). The next day, I fried them in our person-shaped egg "ring". It was a nice treat, having fresh eggs and being able to see the good, healthy chickens that laid them.

I am the eggman...
Sometimes I wish that we didn't live so far from all our family, but it does make the time that we spend together even more special.

-Polly

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha that "eggman" is too much! Sounds like you all had a wonderful time :)

    ReplyDelete