Saturday 14 July 2012

Mum's Apron

Milk and cookies
We've been baking again. We made choc-chip cookies this time. E wasn't too keen on getting her hands sticky when it came to rolling the dough into cookie-sized balls, but she loved saying "Plop!" as she dropped each one onto the baking trays.

Mama's apron
In my last baking post, I spoke about E's apron. Well, here's mine. -->
I made it from an old pair of hubby's jeans. The main part of the apron is one and a half legs of the jeans, stitched together. I made little darts in the top to give it a bit of shape. The neck strap is made from the waistband of the jeans and the pocket is one of the original back pockets, cut out, and stitched to the front of the apron. I added waist ties from another old apron. I hemmed the sides, but left the bottom edge raw. This is a good, tough apron for working around the house.


-Polly

2 comments:

  1. Now I want cookies! And this reminds me that I have an old/new apron I was keeping to sew buttons and things on to make it perty :P I'll have to find it. Love your jean-ious apron though! Hahaha, that was so lame hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and your buttons! Aw, buttons are awesome. And thanks :D

      Delete