Monday 15 July 2013

Mushrooms


It's been a week between posts because my photos are on one computer and my software is on another and I'm having trouble getting the two to talk to each other. So, sorry if the photos in this post don't show up. They're pretty big and very much unedited.
 
Anyway, onto the actual post:
Mushrooms!
Something I love about this time of year (Autumn and Winter) is spotting all the different mushrooms that pop up everywhere. Here's some that I found in our backyard recently:

I mentioned in another post that we saw some interesting ones at the zoo not long ago. I didn't get any pictures of those. I have realised that I don't know a lot about fungi. Any information on the topic seems a little sparse, too. For Australia-specific information, anyway. We did get this book in the mail recently:

I've only read the introduction and a handful of entries yet, but I like it.

Have you spotted anything interesting in your garden lately?

-Polly

1 comment:

  1. Yay mushrooms! Like I said, I haven't seen many species, I'm looking forward to more mushroom posts! ;)

    ReplyDelete