To make your own ducks, you will need:
- 2 cardboard tubes (empty toilet paper rolls)
- yellow crepe paper
- glue (we used a simple homemade paste)
- orange card
- white card
- black marker
- clear sticky tape
Here's how to do it:
- Cut one of the tubes in half so that you'll have one tall duck and 2 shorter ones.
- Smother the outside of each tube in glue.
- Paste on some yellow crepe paper.
- Cut some smaller pieces of crepe paper and glue a few to each duck for tail feathers.
- Let the paste dry.
- On the orange card, draw 3 pairs of feet and 3 duck bills.
- Cut them out and draw some nostrils with the black marker.
- Tape feet and bills onto your ducks.
- On the white card, draw 3 pairs of eyes (using black marker).
- Cut them out and glue them onto your ducks.
- On the white card, draw 3 pairs of wings.
- Cut them out and tape them onto your ducks.
E enjoyed this craft. She loves gluing things and she loves ducks. She even got to practice cutting with scissors. She later drew a pond for her ducks to play in.