Sunday 24 March 2013

Parsnips and a New Toy

Whilst in our garden the other morning, E and I decided to pull up the last of our parsnips. They were intended as a Winter crop, but ended up lasting us a whole year. Better than the swedes, which didn't grow at all. :/ Here's the parsnips we pulled that wouldn't fit in our basket:

We decided to turn them into chips using our new toy:

Our first ever food-processor is from the same series as our coffee-machine and juicer both of which we are very happy with. Perhaps we're brand snobs, but after buying a bread machine (of a different brand) that made a total of 2 loaves of bread before dying (and not being able to return it), it's nice to have confidence that each new appliance might actually do what it's supposed to do. Plus, it's kind of nice having everything match. :)

-Polly

2 comments:

  1. I love parsnips, but I've never had parsnip chips! I used to make sweet potato chips a lot, I should make them again, Molgaban's never had them.
    I bought an electric rice cooker which burnt the rice every time I used it, at least it was only $10 I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little over parsnips now, we got a lot of them this year and the end-of-season ones are always a little woodier. Sweet potato chips are the best! We used to cook them on the bbq.

      Delete